Thursday, February 4, 2010

Kent Brushes


Kent Brushes

Another claimant to be the world's finest brush makers, Kent shaving brushes bear the Royal Warrant. I have a soft spot for Kent. The BK8 was my first badger brush and I got a free BK4 for adding 10 friends to their facebook site. Based in Hemel Hempstead they have a factory and shop there. My request to see the shaving brushes made was met with a polite refusal. I am left wondering who really makes their brushes. They have a wide range from high quality silvertip to the very cheap brush typical of some of the low cost imports from China. Kent combine the roles of manufacturer and retailer. Unlike Rooney, 
Simpson, Jagger and Vulfix, Kent brushes don't bear the Made in England label. Perhaps we are expected to take that as read.

No comments:

Post a Comment